Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dane William Corbin

We have finally decided on a name! Our little guy will be Dane William Corbin. This is one of the names we had picked out before we ever knew it was a boy. We have both always liked it and after tinkering with a few other names decided we both loved this one. He feels like a Dane to me, so we went with it :) Now, we can't wait to meet him!
We have been working hard in his room! We bought letters, sanded, painted, and hung them above his bed and added wall decals to match the bedding. I have been painting frames and getting pictures together to put in them. All we lack in hanging the canvas pictures that go with the bedding (due to come in any day) and putting together a small bookshelf for all his stuffed animals and the book collection which already has a good start (yay!) Now all we need is him :)

I will be 36 weeks on Thursday and it seems so close, yet so far away! My BP has started creeping up and having some swelling. Doctor has put me on modified bedrest, which basically means i'm a prisoner in my house and should stay off my feet as much as possible. I can tell you i am already not enjoying that and i've only been at it for a day and a half. They drew some labs yesterday and hopefully all will come back well and i can go back to work on Friday after my THursday doctor's appointment. I have been very blessed to not have any problems with this pregnancy and hope it continues to go smoothly.
Clint and I bought a new vehicle this weekend. Well, new to us. It's a 2006 Jeep Commander. Clint is having to give up his truck which makes him sad, but we needed something big enough to fit the two of us, baby, and dogs...... makes us feel grown up now! ha!

I had my last baby shower on Feb. 7th hosted by my co-workers. I got the last few things i really needed and we had a great time. Lots of food, games, and fun! I am lucky to have such good friends that are truly my family away from family.
We are so very blessed to be given the life we have. I hope the next few weeks fly by so we can begin the new chapter of our life with our son.



The hosts of the shower... Brandy and Maria




1 comment:

  1. Love the name!!!! (although I must admit I was really hoping for Grady)
    I know you are getting excitied!!! I can't wait to see him!!!
    Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete